Head of Networks, Storage & Security
Spencer has over 18 years’ experience working with and implementing Computer systems, applications and network infrastructure for mainly the Financial and Media industries. He has focused his design and consultancy skills within Informational Security. Analysing risk and applying real world and proven mitigation solutions.
Spencer, educated to A level in Computer Sciences, is certified in many network, security technologies and gained his CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) in 2010. Spencer works within an ITIL framework and holds various ITIL certifications as well as utilising the ISO 27001 framework and recommendations within security design and standards.
Spencer has excellent communication skills and enjoys working as part of a team. Spencer practices in plain English and is comfortable conversing at all levels of management including the boardroom.
Spencer likes a challenge, designing robust scalable highly resilient solutions is his forte. He is always happy to share and develop ideas and is always trying to align technology and business needs.
- Checkpoint (VSX, NOKIA, Secure Platform, GAIA) (CCSA, CCSE)
- Cisco (IOS, ASA, ACS)(CCNA)
- Juniper (JUNOS, SCREENOS, ISG, SRX)
- Nokia IP Security Platform
- Vulnerability Assessment/Pen testing
- Server Virtualisation (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer)
- SAN / NAS (QNAP, NetApp, HP MSA, Brocade, Nimble)
- Risk Analysis Methodology
- IDS/IPS (Checkpoint, ISS RealSecure, TopLayer, Sourcefire)
- Virtual Private Networking
- Strong Authentication
- URL Filtering and Proxy (Squid, Bluecoat)
- Unix / Linux Installation and management of various distributions. Package management including repository selection
- Microsoft Windows Server NT 3.51 through to 2010. Installation and management including, Active Directory, Group Policy (gpedit), DNS, DHCP, Sites & Services, DFS, Users and Computers. Troubleshooting Operating System and application issues
- Project Management