Network Security Architect
Michael has over 18 years’ experience working in information technology. He has worked his way up to the top of his field beginning his career in a support role. This makes Michael very versatile having worked in several aspects of the industry and always maintains an appreciation for the end user of the system he is working on or designing.
Most of his career has been focused on network security with the last 5 years being spent as a lead network security consultant designing and implementing security solutions for major blue chip companies within the financial sector.
Michael, holds a diploma in electrical engineering and is certified in many technologies, including, Cisco, Microsoft, Checkpoint and Linux. He has been a charted IT professional since 2009 and became CISSP in 2012. Michael is also certified in project management (Prince 2) and service management (ITIL). He is also familiar with security best practices including ISO27001, PCIDSS and their associated audit points. Michael is currently working toward gaining his TOGAF enterprise architect certification.
Michael likes to be challenged, is always customer focused and likes to design scalable solutions to meet the business requirements at minimal costs, never compromising security.
- Cisco IOS, switches, routers and ASA firewalls
- Firewalls Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- SAN Synology, Linux based network storage
- IPS Tipping Point
- Load Balancers Citrix Netscalor
- Virtualisation VmWare
- Virtual Private Networks IPSEC, SSL
- Strong Authentication Two Factor and Single Sign On
- Proxy Solutions Symantec (Bluecoat), squid, browser isolation
- Cloud technologies, Google business application, symantec cloud proxy, SD Wan
- Operating systems, microsoft, linux (server and desktop associations)
- Routing OSPF, EIGRP, RIP
- Active directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Certificate Services
- SIEM Splunk, Kibana, Arcsight